Architecture and Design
Crawlspace and Attic
Designers & Decorators
Garage & Garage Doors
Heating, Cooling / HVAC
House Cleaning - Inside New
Painting - Interior
Remodeling - Inside
Windows & Doors
Others - Inside
Decks, Fences and Patios
House Cleaning - Outside
Landscape, Lawn & Yard
Painting - Exterior
Remodeling - Outside
Roofing and Gutters New
Others - Outside
Join a group to see what your coworkers have shared.
Didn't see your company/organization? Check out here
For Service Provider: Renaissance Carpet Care Inc.
Service Category: House Cleaning - Inside
Carpet CleaningExperience and Good Comments
Decent service with great price. Would definitely use again.Not-So-Good Comments
For Service Provider: FirstChoice Roof Service
Service Category: Roofing and Gutters
Roof replacementExperience and Good Comments
I contacted FirstChoice roof service through thumbtack. They are very quick to get out a bid and very fast on getting replies. I waited a while to contact them back in last September and they agreed to provide a discounted price with a late start date (late Sep). But the project hasn't started until the end of Nov as the weather is not good (rainy or windy). However even though there were sunny days in between, they didn't come and I had to call them to check whether they came or not. The guy named Shaun was very impatient in the end and he was yelling in the phone as I called him again and again to urge him to start the project. I asked him why he didn't come last Friday and it was sunny but he said he didn't know it was sunny (clearly a lie). He admitted that replacing roof in winter is like that and that's why he gave out a discounted price. But i was not told when he gave me the price. Overall, they finished the project very quickly once they started, and quality is good as for now.Not-So-Good Comments
Shaun the service owner was not patient.
For Service Provider: Switch Electric
Service Category: Electrical
one line voltage is wrong.Experience and Good Comments
Robert is so professional! Our first contract can't root cause the problem but Robert looks like knowing every lines in our home. He's great!!!!Not-So-Good Comments
For Service Provider: Beacon Plumbing & Mechanical Inc
Service Category: Plumbing
Repair a broken water pipe and connect with a new hose bib (garden faucet)Experience and Good Comments
I was trying to repair my garden faucet, but it was so old such that I had to replace the entire hose bib. I thought that I could just unscrew it with force, but broke the entire pipe off. I then went down to the crawl space and could see some water leaking from the supposedly broken pipe that's inside the wall.
It was on a Saturday evening and my house would be without water with my wife and two kids if not repaired, so I immediately called Beacon Plumbing for help.
Mike Sullivan and Mario Miranda arrived within 40 minutes, and were able to quickly devise a plan to fix. They were also very experienced and could quickly identify where to drill a hole inside the house to get to the broken pipe. They got the entire thing repaired professionally within 30 minutes. They also gave me great advice about the water irrigation system that I was planning to build. I was so glad that they were here to save the weekend for my family and the house.
Price may not be the best.
The service provider was not hired.Experience and Good Comments
[Private to Microsoft Homeowners]Not-So-Good Comments
[Private to Microsoft Homeowners]
|Why HomeHomeYeah Is Unique?|
Interior doors/molding/baseboard replacement. Living room flooring replacement (carpet -> laminate)Experience and Good Comments
We reached out to Mr Ye based on very positive review for him. We were told he is only available 3 months later but surprisingly he told us one week later that he can work for us. The project started in hurry and was paused due to pre-planed vacation and unexpected conditions for a week, but finally finished 3 weeks later. We are overall satisfied with the outcome. The work is pretty clean is the pricing is good. Mr Ye also helped us delivered some of our purchases for free from Homedepot, which saves us a few hundred.Not-So-Good Comments
1. Mr Ye doesn't read English and barely speak English. He obtained his experience from a team years ago and not aware of much latest industrial updates. For example, he doesn't know some hard flooring can be installed without nails or glu, if designed for click and installation. And when I asked him what is the pros/cons for oak flooring, he answered "nothing".
2. Mr Ye doesn't provide much recommendations/ideas. It sounds he only expects installation work. We did the measurement by ourselves for the flooring change and he would expect all the tools/materials are ready before project starts. It will be your fault if the materials are not enough because of bad measurement.
3. Mr Ye is money-making oriented. His pricing is good and that means he wants to complete projects as quickly as possible. Everything is in hurry. He didn't even realize our floor is made of concrete instead of wood before the flooring change started. And he wants to work late to like 7:30PM. Communication is very limited as well. Sometime I felt he expected his customers are experts with good knowledge, which I believe is not always true. He will blame you if you don't have materials ready when he is ready for the installation.
For Service Provider: Natural Greenscapes LLC
Service Category: Landscape, Lawn & Yard
Landscape design for front and back yard, yard cleanup, build new paver patio, install automatic irrigation, install new fence, plant trees/shrubs/groundcovers, build vegie beds, put new lawn and rejuvenate existing lawn, install drainage from open down spout, put top soil and mulch for planting bedExperience and Good Comments
We hired Lara from Natural Greenscapes to redesign our yards after we move into our house. Lara is the landscape designer and she has a crew to construct the plan.
- After meet up in our place, once we decided to move on with Lara, we pay $650 for the design fees. Lara listen to our desires and budgets, and provided CAD for the design. She is very professional and great at listening to our needs. She bring us to her designed house to show us some inspired ideas; she took us to Bellevue Botanical Garden to learn which plants we like; she went to Mutual Materials/Rock Mountain together with us to show us different types of paver and water features; she set up a shared page on Pinterest so both of us can put our liked feature into it. The design come with a colored CAD and an estimation on the construction based on our budget. She knows the plants in sun and shades quite well, choose the plants based on our low maintenance requirements, and make suggested on budget saving (e.g., concrete vs different pavers).
- Once we complete with design phase, she set a construction start date. She has a crew of 4-5 people. They come every weekday, work from roughly 8am-4pm. Lara usually came in the morning and gave instructions to her crew. She wrote emails to us to report the progress twice per week, and discuss some adjustment she would suggest to have during construction. Overall, we are happy with the work quality. The work has been done for 2 years, we haven't found any big issues. The work invoice clean sheet is very clear, how much is the materials cost, how much is the labor cost, which nursery the plants are from, how much its plants cost including planting them, which brand of mulch and composite she used in our yards, etc.
- Lara gave us a yards maintenance handbook after the work, and provide a gardening coach in the coming spring. She also replaced a few dead plants with no charge as she has warranty for 1 year. We also occasionally pay her people for some items in our yards such as irrigation system winterization, moving brunches broke by storm, etc.
- After taking care the yards for 1 year ourselves, we decided to hire Lara's crew to do yards maintenance for us as we are lazy. They are not the cheapest we quoted, but we know they do a nice job and Lara know the plants in our yards quite well. They do not only mow our lawn. Lara came to our yards every other month or every season to do necessary pruning. She also give us suggestions on things as when should put mulching again, or when we should consider change our irrigation schedule.
We know that Lara's crew is not the cheapest one. If we have time to find contractors to do work individually, we probably can get cheaper price. We just want to save our time and energy, and have easier arrangement. E.g., last year, we build a new fence with our neighbor together, the unit cost is ~20% less than Lara's quote. Also, she is quite conservative about eco friendly, which may cost more money sometimes. We asked her to quote for removing 3 old fruit tress in our yards this year, as she does not like to use any chemicals, she quoted as cutting the tress + digging out all the roots, which is quite expensive. We finally hired a contractor suggested by our neighbor, who cut the trees, drilled some holes on the trunk, and filled with some chemicals to prevent them sprouting again. Cost half of Lara's quote.
For Service Provider: DHS Heating & Air
Service Category: Heating, Cooling / HVAC
AC installExperience and Good Comments
Dave is simply the best. To give you some context. I had reached out to the company that installed our HVAC system, and also reached out to Bobs heating which did my HVAC for previous home, both the companies offered reasonable price and I like how Bob's provided the quote and the experience. Then I learned about Dave within my company and was highly rated. So, I decided to reach out to him. He was quick to respond, he came by and suggested I go with the AC manufactured by same company as my HVAC which is TRANE and he mentioned it was due to the way they have their system, its best to have the same. He is not even a TRANE specialist, but he still suggested that because it was the right thing for me. He then went above and beyond and procured the AC and installed it at significantly lower cost than the others. So, clearly he is not only providing great service but at very reasonable price point. Of course he runs his company lean and efficiently and helps offset all the overheads I guess. I waited on posting my feedback until a year later because I wanted to look at his service. Couple of times, I have had to reach out with questions, and he was super quick to reply, even on a holiday. He earned my respect completely. I am very happy with the service he has provided and I have recommended to all my friends who asked me about who did my AC job. I echoed the recommendation within my company and I am glad I worked with Dave, the wonderful owner of DHS...rock on!Not-So-Good Comments
For Service Provider: Horizon Landscaping
Service Category: Decks, Fences and Patios
Install small patio and retaining wall my back yardExperience and Good Comments
Very polite, professional.The Patio looked wonderful and love it.
Work is done with good quality
For Service Provider: Granite Mill
Service Category: Remodeling - Inside
New granite counter top in kitchenExperience and Good Comments
Beware! Its a ripoff. They lied at time of bid it was their crew.
Installers are NOT employees of Granite Mill
No L&I records for liability insurance. If they get injured on your property, you may be responsible. That's a HUGE liability.
No one will tell me who the installers work for.
The template was done by 2 inexperienced people.
Brought out the slabs for install. One was cut wrong and could not be installed. The other shattered to pieces as they in the driveway.
Came back 4 days later. Cut both slabs to size in the kitchen and on the deck. Took no measures to contain the dust. Whole house covered in granite dust which is similar to asbestos.
The job is terrible. Out of square and terrible seam. The slabs can not be saved, must remove and remake. The owner Josef Larsson just blames the cabinets and will not take them away. I have filed complaints with L&I, Attorney General and hired an attorney.
Boy is this fun or what??????
Installers are nice people but are not trained or experienced.
Owner Josef Larson just wants the money, and to hell with you.
We are still without a usable kitchen 2 weeks after first install atempt.